- Registration is made by Student Affairs.
- Students should be here for final registration or should give an authority letter to someone to allow him/her to complete the students’ registration.
- Students can not be officially enrolled at Istanbul Kültür University unless they submit the required documents for enrollment.
- The required documents for official registration are as follows;
- Student Visa (from Turkish Consulates to be submitted to Student Affairs to receive an enrollment paper to apply for residence permit in Istanbul)
- The visa-exempt countries whose citizens do not require any Visas are listed on the following link; http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
- Health Insurance ( to be made in Turkey)
- Residence Permit (to be obtained from the Foreigner’s Office in Turkey after official enrollment at Istanbul Kültür University, not required for Turkish Students)
- Original high school diploma (if not in English, an English or Turkish translation of the diploma from sworn translation office should be provided )
- Proof of Accreditation (the original proof of recognition has to be obtained from Ministry of Education in Turkish Republic or from the Turkish Embassy in the home land if available, not required for students for graduate from Turkish High Schools of Ministry of Education in Turkey)
- Original transcript of records (if not in English, an English or Turkish translation of the diploma from sworn translation office should be provided, not required for students for graduate from Turkish High Schools of Ministry of Education in Turkey)
- Language proficiency record (TOEFL IBT, TÖMER etc)
- Passport (original)
- Decont of the tuition fee
- Seven photos (4.5 cm x 6 cm)
2. Residence Permit
All students have to apply for a student visa* from the closest Turkish Consulate through the admission letter they receive from the University before entering Turkey.
*The visa-exempt countries whose citizens do not require any Visas are listed on the following link;
After the students come with their student visa, they have to register officially by submitting the original documents required for registration. In the same day, our staff will be helping STUDENT's to take the online-appointment for residence issues at Security Department.
Students need to make the following documents ready to apply for a residence permit on their appointment date.
* Keep one copy of your appointment form in case of the lose of the appoinment papers,
**Don’t forget the appoinment date otherwise taking another appoinment date can last months.
*** The country should never be left before getting the residence permit; otherwise another student visa has to be taken and the process will be very difficult.
**** Students can have their own bank account only after getting the residence permit.
*****Students have to register their mobile in 15 days otherwise the mobile is locked.
You need to renew their residence permit at the earliest 60 days before the expiry date. You can renew it until its last date. For example your residences permit expires on 31.12.2016; you can take appointment until 31.12.2016.
After making online application download RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM.
After taking the appointment, the system will give you an appointment date. If it gives, you need to be ready with the required documents on your appointment date and apply personally by going there.
If the system does not give the date, you have just 5 days to post the required documents ON YOUR OWN by PTT CARGO. If you exceed 5 days, your appointment will be invalid and you will be deported. After sending it via PTT CARGO, don’t forget to take receipt as a proof that you send it. The address of Istanbul Provincial Immigration Administiration Office is :
İSTANBUL İL GÖÇ İDARESİ MÜDÜRLÜĞÜ
HIRKA-I ŞERİF MAHALLESİ
VATAN CADDESİ NO: 64/34091
You can ask permission of 15days leave with the copy of RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM and RECEIPT OF PAYMENT stamped by Istanbul Provincial Immigration Administration Office.
3. Health Insurance
Health Insurance Policy is compulsory for international students to have a residence permit and to get officially enrolled at Istanbul Kültür University. You can visit a doctor within the list of hospitals given by the insurance company and benefit from the discounts the others provide.
Bring a supply of medications you take regularly. You may or may not find what you need in local pharmacies. While many pharmacies sell basic items for colds, headaches, or stomach-aches, you must see a doctor and get a prescription for many stronger medications. Ataköy Campus has full-time doctor and nurses on duty that offer their services free of charge.
Students should renew their health insurance every year for their residence permit.
All students registering at the Security Department for residence purposes must have an insurance policy. We strongly recommend the students to do the insurance when they come to Turkey since it will be hard to figure out whether the insurance policy bought at home country is valid for the hospitals in Turkey or not. We have connections with insurance companies that we are working with and will help you with this when you come and register.
The average discounted price of the insurance policy for a year is between 300-500 TL that has to be paid cash in advance. Thus you will be able to be examined by a doctor anytime you feel ill or in case of any kind of operation your expenses will be covered. We will tell you the list of the private hospitals when we make the insurance policy. Below please find the assurance limits.